Boat & bike vacation in Burgundy
From Auxerre to Moret - MS Zwaantje from EUR 1419
This bicycle holiday takes you to the northern part of Burgundy, which was once a powerful duchy and is famous for its world-class wines. The Yonne, one of the most pristine rivers in the country, opens up this wonderful landscape for cyclists, with charming medieval villages and unique towns. This premium bike vacation in Northern Burgundy is suitable for novice and expert cyclists alike. The tour commences in Auxerre.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS Zwaantje.
Day 1 Arrival in Auxerre
Embarkation starts at 2 pm. Explore the probably most beautiful city of this journey.
Day 2 Round tour in Auxerre, 30-42 km / 19-26 mi
Today, you’ll embark on your first bike tours in the surrounding vineyards, or take your time to explore the town that is worth seeing.
Day 3 Auxerre - Joigny, 26-38 km / 16-24 mi
You’ll cycle to Joigny along the river or through the charming countryside, characterised by unique Renaissance houses.
Day 4 Joigny - Villeneuve-sur-Yonne, 21-42 km / 13-26 mi
Today’s itinerary includes a short bike tour with wine tasting, or you can take on more kilometres by cycling via Saint-Julian.
Day 5 Villeneuve-sur-Yonne - Sens, 28-52 km / 17-32 mi
On the longer tour you’ll cycle through the cider region surrounding Vauders to Sens, one of the oldest cities in France.
Day 6 Sens - Pont-sur-Yonne, 20-42 km / 12-26 mi
Cycle along the river or through the countryside to learn more about local beekeeping.
Day 7 Pont-sur-Yonne - Moret, 33-40 km / 21-25 mi
In Montereau-Fault-Yonne you’ll reach the mouth of the Yonne into the Seine, the boat then takes you to the fortress town of Moret.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast, your bike vacation in Northern Burgundy on MS Zwaantje is sadly already coming to an end.
Here are the details on MS Zwaantje.
Included in "Boat & bike vacation in Burgundy":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 6 x dinner; no dinner in Sens)
- complimentary coffee/tea
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and information chat
- wine tasting in Bailly
- several guided walks
- visit of a honey farm museum
- visit of the cathedral Sens
- fees for ferries
- daily tour discussion
- guided cycling tours, from 18 guests 2 guides/2 groups
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- rental helmet
- outside cabins, approx. 7 sqm (75 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- level-access beds
- individually regulated air-conditioning
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-speed gearboxes with freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired. Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring your own bike on this trip.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on tuesdays
All prices are per person.
- 1419 EUR 2-bed cabin
- 2129 EUR 2-bed cabin, single occupancy
- 95 EUR rental bike
- 210 EUR e-bike
- Booking code "Boat & bike vacation in Burgundy":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to your boat & bike vacation in Burgundy:
- Arrival by car:
Free parking near the center. From there free shuttle bus service to the city center:
Underground and outdoor parking - Place de l'Arquebuse
Vaulabelle parking lot - Boulevard Vaulabelle
Parking porte de Paris - Avenue Charles de Gaulle
Parking Roscoff - Quai de l'ancienne abbaye
Parking Guillet - rue de Preuilly
- Arrival by train:
Train station Auxerre
- Arrival by plane:
Airport Charles de Gaulle, Paris. By bus (Le Bus Direct nr. 4) to the train station Paris Gare de Lyon (50 min), from there by train, approx. 2,5 h, normal fee approx. EUR 32
- Embarkation from 2 pm, you can drop your luggage from 11 am.
- Return transfer Moret-sur-Loing - Auxerre
under your own steam by train, duration approx. 2.45 hours, 1-2 x change, normal fee approx. EUR 21
book your tickets here: sncf.com (in english)
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.