Boat & Bike on Seine and Loing
Paris - Montargis from 1669 € incl. rental bike
On this tour, you’ll get to explore the regions to the left and right of the Seine, where famous artists found their inspiration, as well as the French capital of Paris. Let yourself be encapsulated by this magical region, full of great food and drink, enhanced by the friendly crew on the MS Fleur. This tour through Île-de-France is suitable for novice and expert cyclists alike. The tour commences in Paris.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS Fleur.
Day 1 Arrival in Paris
Embarkation until 2 p.m. at the Quai de Bercy. After dinner, there will be a short tour around the city.
Day 2 Paris - Melun, approx. 30 km / 18 mi
The cycling tour commences at the Evry locks and will lead you along the Seine. Melun used to be the seat of widowed Queens.
Day 3 Melun - Moret-sur-Loing, approx. 40 km / 25 mi
The Fontainebleau forests and the royal hunting chateau are on today’s itinerary. We also recommend visiting the artists’ village of Barbizon.
Day 4 Moret-sur-Loing - Nemours, 38-49 km / 24-30 mi
In Nemours, we’ve scheduled a tour through the 12th-century chateau. If you’d rather take it on the sportier side of things, you can extend your cycling tour here.
Day 5 Nemours - Néronville, 35-45 km / 22-28 mi
Today, you’ll be visiting Antoine Bourdelle’s “Jardin Bourdelle” sculpture garden. The cycling tour will take you through the forest, alongside impressive rock formations.
Day 6 Néronville - Montargis, 31-55 km / 19-34 mi
There are several abbeys in medieval towns worth visiting along today’s route. Many canals criss-cross through Montargis and are a big part of the town’s charm.
Day 7 Round trip around Montargis, 45 km / 28 mi
Today’s tour will lead you to the impressive ruin of Chateau-Renard and includes a visit to the beekeeping museum.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast, your boat and bike tour along the Seine is sadly already coming to an end.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS Fleur.
Included in "Boat & Bike on Seine and Loing":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 6 x dinner; no dinner in Melun)
- complimentary coffee/tea
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and information chat
- several guided walks
- guided tour of Chateau-Landon
- visit of a honey farm museum
- visit of the town hall in Bourron Marlotte
- visit of the "Jardin Bourdelle"
- fees for ferries
- daily tour discussion
- guided cycling tours
from 18 guests: 2 guides / 2 groups
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- rental bike & helmet
- optional e-bike
- outside cabins, approx. 10 sqm (107 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- level-access beds
- individually regulated air-conditioning
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 11-speed gearboxes, equipped with a waterproof bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired. Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring your own bike on this trip.
Bookable dates 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
All prices are per person.
- 1669 € 2-bed cabin
- 2419 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy
- 120 € e-bike
- Booking code "Boat & Bike on Seine and Loing":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
- Arrival by car:
Monitored car parks near the berth, costs approx. 95-150 €/week, further information in your travel documents.
- Arrival by train:
Train station Paris Est, then take metro no 5 or taxi.
- Arrival by plane:
Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris
from Terminal 2 & 3, by RER to St. Michel Notre Dame station, departure every 6-15 minutes, normal price approx. 10,50 €.
- Embarkation from 2 p.m., luggage can be left from 11 a.m.
- Return transfer Montargis - Paris Est
under your own steam by train, duration approx. 1 hours, 0 x change, standard fare approx. 21 €.
sncf.com is a helpful on-line resource (EN/FR/DE)
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.