Boat & bike in South Holland
Round trip on MS De Amsterdam from EUR 739
This tour will lead you through the Dutch province of South Holland by boat & bike, always starting from the shore, as a dense network of canals connects these well worth seeing towns and cities. Amsterdam, Utrecht, Delft, Gouda, Rotterdam, as well as the UNESCO world heritage site of Kinderkijk and the famous open air museum of Zaanse Schans - these are only some of the highlights of this boat & bike tour in South Holland, which is perfectly suited for both expert cyclists and beginners.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS De Amsterdam.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam
Embarkation starts at 2 pm, leaving enough time to discover Amsterdam's historical centre, which is best done on a canal boat.
Day 2 Bike ride to Utrecht, 25-40 km/16-25 mi, boat trip
This cycling stage from Breukelem to the Dome city of Utrecht is particularly relaxed. There's also loads to see on the boat trip into the pulsating metropolis of Rotterdam.
Day 3 Round trip to Delft, 28-50 km/17-31 mi
Today's cycling stage showcases lovely dutch historical towns and beautiful porcelain from Delft. In the evening you can explore the city of Rotterdam.
Day 4 Waterbus, bike ride Ablasserdam - Schoonhoven, 30-58 km/19-36 mi
Today you will cycle to the UNSECO World Heritage site Kinderdijk. The longer route will take you through the cheese town Gouda. Both tours end with a visit at a silversmiths in Schoonhoven.
Day 5 Bike ride to Utrecht, 45 km/28 mi, boat trip to Haarlem
The landscape along today's stage thoroughly deserves its nickname as "Holland's green heart". In the evening, you can enjoy some live music aboard the ship.
Day 6 Round trip Haarlem, 40-50 km/25-31 mi, boat trip to Zaandam
Haarlem is unbelievalbly picturesque and is home to one of the North Sea coast's most beautiful sandy beaches. Today, you can choose from two different routes.
Day 7 Bike ride Zaandam - Amsterdam, 30-45 km/19-28 mi
The musuem village of "Zaanse Schans" is well worth visiting and the subsequent bike ride into the metropolis is utterly idyllic.
Day 8 Disembarkation, departure or extension
Your trip "Boat & bike in South Holland" concludes after breakfast.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS De Amsterdam.
Included in "Boat & bike in South Holland":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- complimentary coffee/tea until 4 pm daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- 1 music night on board
- several short guided city tours
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- on-board tour guide that is also doing all the cycling
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike
- optional rental helmet
- optional concession tickets to local attractions, to be purchased on board
- 8 suites on upper deck, approx. 15 sqm (162 sq ft) with french balcony
- outside cabins, approx. 11 sqm (118 sq ft),
seperated, level-access beds
- individuelly controlled A/C unit
- all cabins with openable windows
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes/freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Guided Cycling Package:
- This package can be booked in addition for anyone who likes guided tours:
guided cycle tours for max. 20 cyclists
- Dates for the "Guided Cycling Package":
06.05. + 13.05. + 20.05. + 27.05.
03.06. + 10.06. + 17.06.
02.09. + 09.09. + 16.09.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
25.03. - 07.10.
All prices are per person.
|lower deck||upper deck|
|25.03. + 01.04. + 08.04. + 07.10.|
|2-bed cabin||739 EUR||939 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1109 EUR||1409 EUR|
|16.04. + 23.04. + 24.09. + 01.10.|
|2-bed cabin||899 EUR||1099 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1349 EUR||1649 EUR|
|30.04. + 10.09. + 17.09.|
|2-bed cabin||1029 EUR||1229 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1544 EUR||1844 EUR|
|all other dates|
|2-bed cabin||1099 EUR||1349 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1649 EUR||2024 EUR|
|rental bike||90 EUR|
|rental helmet||10 EUR|
|private bike||10 EUR|
|private e-bike||25 EUR|
|Guided Cycling Package||130 EUR|
|canal boat cruise Amsterdam||15 EUR|
- booking code "Boat & bike in South Holland":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to "Boat & bike in South Holland":
- Arrival by car:
There are three options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. EUR 175 / week.
- Make use of our parking service from Centralparking. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. EUR 150 / week.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx EUR 3.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes, approx. EUR 5), followed by the 48 bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / EUR 3)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. EUR 50.
There are several private and scheduled providers, see e.g. here.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.