Burgundy cycling vacation
Northern Burgundy by boat & bike from EUR 1419
This bicycle holiday takes you to the northern part of Burgundy, which was once a powerful duchy and is famous for its world-class wines. The Yonne, one of the most pristine rivers in the country, opens up this wonderful landscape for cyclists, with charming medieval villages and unique towns. These Burgundy cycling vacation are suitable for novice and expert cyclists alike. The tour commences in Moret-sur-Loing.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS Zwaantje.
Day 1 Arrival in Moret-sur Loing
Embarkation at 2 p.m. The medieval fortress town was the backdrop for many of the works of the impressionist painter Alfred Sisley.
Day 2 Moret-sur-Loing - Pont-sur-Yonne, 33-40 km/21-25 mi
The boat takes you to the mouth of the Yonne in the Seine. Before the bike tour you should visit the collegiate church in Montereau.
Day 3 Pont-sur-Yonne - Sens, 20 / 42 km / 12-26 mi
Cycle along the river or through the countryside to learn more about local beekeeping.
Day 4 Sens - Villeneuve-sur-Yonne, 28-52 km / 17-32 mi
On the longer tour you’ll cycle through the cider region surrounding Vauders to Sens, one of the oldest cities in France.
Day 5 Villeneuve-sur-Yonne - Joigny, 21-42 km / 13-26 mi
If you like, you can cycle via Saint-Julian today, which has a very beautiful church. In the afternoon there is a bike tour with wine tasting.
Day 6 Joigny - Auxerre, 26-38 km / 16-24 mi
Visit Joigny, characterised by unique Renaissance houses. The bike tour takes you along the Canal de Bourgogne.
Day 7 Round trip around Auxerre, 30-42 km / 19-26 mi
Today, you can make some bike tours in the surrounding vineyards, or take your time to explore the town that is worth seeing.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast, your Burgundy cycling vacation on MS Zwaantje comes to an end.
Here are the details on MS Zwaantje.
Included in "Burgundy cycling vacation":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 6 x dinner; only 1 dinner in Auxerre)
- complimentary coffee/tea
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and information chat
- wine tasting in Bailly
- several guided walks
- visit of a honey farm museum
- visit of the cathedral Sens
- fees for ferries
- daily tour discussion
- guided cycling tours, from 18 guests: 2 guides / 2 groups
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- rental helmet
- outside cabins, approx. 7 sqm (75 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- level-access beds
- individually regulated air-conditioning
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-speed gearboxes with freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired. Unfortunately, it is not possible to bring your own bike on this trip.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on tuesdays
All prices are per person.
- 1419 EUR 2-bed cabin
- 2129 EUR 2-bed cabin, single occupancy
- 95 EUR rental bike
- 210 EUR e-bike
- Booking code "Burgundy cycling vacation":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to your Burgundy cycling vacation:
- Arrival by car:
Parking Moret Veneux les Sablons, about EUR 12 / day; reservation not possible
- Arrival by train:
Train station Moret-sur-Loing
- Arrival by plane:
Airport Charles de Gaulle, Paris. By bus (Le Bus Direct nr. 4) to the train station Paris Gare de Lyon (50 min), from there by train, approx. 45 min
- Embarkation from 2 pm, you can drop your luggage from 11 am.
- Return transfer Moret-sur-Loing - Auxerre
under your own steam by train, duration approx. 2 hours, 1 x change, normal fee EUR 21
book your tickets here: sncf.com (in english)
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.