Cruise from Flanders to Holland
Bruges - Amsterdam by bike & boat from EUR 1229
The Netherlands and Belgium aren’t particularly large; therefore a tour between Amsterdam and Bruges by boat and bike is easily manageable in a week. Find the similarities and differences between the reformed States General and the Catholic-Spanish Netherlands. Explore countless UNESCO world cultural heritage sites, from individual noteworthy buildings to entire townscapes. You will never be far from the water, whether in the form of canals or the North Sea, which you can access from municipal beaches. This cruise from Flanders to Holland by boat and bike starts in Bruges.
Here you can find details about your boat, the MS Magnifique II.
Day 1 Arrival in Bruges
Board your boat at 2 pm and explore the historical city centre, which is a UNESCO world cultural heritage site.
Day 2 Bike tour Bruges - Ghent, 35-57km/22-35mi
Cycle along the canal until you reach Ghent, once known for its wealth and elegance with its cathedral and magnificent town houses.
Day 3 Bike tour Ghent - Dendermonde - St. Amands, 40-53km/25-33mi
The river Schelde will take you through typically Flemish villages to Dendermonde, where many buildings have been declared UNESCO world heritage sites.
Day 4 Bike tour St. Amands - Antwerp, 33-49km/21-30mi
First you will cycle through the region where the red bricks used to build houses are produced. Then you will explore the City of Diamonds - Antwerp.
Day 5 Bike tour Kreekrak Sluices-Tholen, 20-36km/22-12mi
Cycling tour through the "Wouwse Plantage" forest to Tholen. From here, your ship will take you through several locks to Dordrecht, the centre of Dutch independence
Day 6 Bike tour Kinderdijk - Vianen, 32-57km/20-35mi
Kinderdijk with its long row of windmills is probably one of the most famous Dutch photo motifs. The small fortress town Vianen is also worth seeing.
Day 7 Bike tour Breukelen - Amsterdam, 36-46km/22-28mi
Today you will travel along the picturesque Vecht, a branch of the river Rhine, first by boat and then by bike. The region is popular among water sports enthusiasts and as a holiday destination for rich residents of Amsterdam.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast your cruise from Flanders to Holland by boat & bike on MS Magnifique II comes to an end.
Here are the details on MS Magnifique II.
Included in "Cruise from Flanders to Holland":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 6 x dinner; no dinner in Antwerp
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily until 4 p.m.
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- several short guided city tour
- entrance Antwerp Red Star Line Museum
- canal cruises in Ghent
- Belgian products tasting
- ferry trips
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- bike tours with english speaking tour guide
- daily tour briefing
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike with helmet
- outside cabins, approx. 11-14 sqm (118-151 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- individually adjustable air conditioning
- level-access beds
- flat sceen tv
- upper deck cabins offers openable windows
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and freewheel, equipped with a water-resistant bike bag, bike lock and water bottle. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on thursdays
12.05. + 09.06. + 23.06. + 07.07. + 21.07.
18.08. + 29.09.
All prices are per person.
- 1229 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck
- 1429 EUR premium twin cabin lower deck
- 1729 EUR suite upper deck
- 1844 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 1179 EUR premium triple cabin lower deck
- 1629 EUR triple suite upper deck
07.07. - 18.08.:
- 1329 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck
- 1529 EUR premium twin cabin lower deck
- 1829 EUR suite upper deck
- 1994 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 1279 EUR premium triple cabin lower deck
- 1729 EUR triple suite upper deck
12.05.-23.06. + 01.09.-29.09.:
- 1379 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck
- 1579 EUR premium twin cabin lower deck
- 1879 EUR suite upper deck
- 2069 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 1329 EUR premium triple cabin lower deck
- 1779 EUR triple suite upper deck
- 95 EUR rental bike
- 210 EUR e-bike
- 10 EUR personal bike
- 25 EUR personal e-bike
- booking code "Cruise from Flanders to Holland":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to the "Cruise from Flanders to Holland":
- In Bruges your boat is moored approx. 400 m from the main station.
- Arrival by car
- Parking at Stationsplein, guarded car park, costs approx. EUR 3,50/day
- Parking at the ring road, not guarded, free of charge
More information can be found in your travel documents.
- Arrival by train:
- Arrival by plane:
Airport Zaventem, by train to Brugge SNCB, (0-1 changes, duration approx. 1,5-2 h, cost: approx. EUR 20)
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Individual return journey by train from Amsterdam Centraal to Brugge SNCB, (3 changes, duration approx. 4,5 h, cost: approx. EUR 50). Alternatively you can take the Thalys from Brussels (1 change, duration approx. 3,5 h, cost: approx. EUR 90). You can find additional information regarding parking and your return transfer in your travel documents.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.