Cruise from Holland to Flanders
Boat and bike tour on MS Magnifique II from 1499 €
The Netherlands and Belgium aren’t particularly large; therefore a tour between Amsterdam and Bruges by Boat & Bike is easily manageable in a week. Find the similarities and differences between the reformed States General and the Catholic-Spanish Netherlands. Explore countless UNESCO world cultural heritage sites, from individual noteworthy buildings to entire townscapes. You will never be far from the water, whether in the form of canals or the North Sea, which you can access from municipal beaches. This Cruise from Holland to Flanders by boat & bike starts in Amsterdam.
Here you can find details about the MS Magnifique II.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam
Check-in at 2 pm, discover Amsterdam by day and night. Around 2 pm boat trip to the fortified town of Vianen.
Day 2 Vianen - Kinderdijk, 36-46 km/23-29 mi
Through the silver town of Schonhoven to Kinderdijk, a village which hosts a large concentration of drainage windmills, which has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site. Overnight stay in Dordrecht.
Day 3 Willemstad - Bergen op Zoom, 42-50 km/26-31 mi
The day begins with a bike ride to the picturesque town of Tholen. From there we continue to the historic fortified town of Bergen op Zoom.
Day 4 Bergen op Zoom-Kreekrak lock, 21-35 km/13-22 mi
First we will pass through the beautiful "Wouse Plantation" near Bergen op Zoom. From there by boat through the Kreekras lock to the centre of the City of Diamonds - Antwerp. Let the evening end comfortably on a nice restaurant terrace with a beligian delicacy.
Day 5 Antwerp - St. Amands, 34-49 km/21-30 mi
First you go through the Walenhoek Nature Reserve, then you cycle through the region where the red bricks for the houses come from.
Day 6 Dendermonde - Ghent, approx. 52 km/32 mi
First, the river Schelde takes you through typically Flemish villages. Later on you will reach Ghent, once known for its wealth and elegance with its cathedral and magnificent town houses.
Day 7 Ghent - Bruges, 22-45 km/14-28 mi
Cycle along the Ghent-Oostende Canal until you reach Bruges, which is also known as the ‘Venice of the North’ and is a UNESCO world cultural heritage site.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast your cruise from Holland to Flanders by bike & boat comes to an end.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS Magnifique II.
Included in "Cruise from Holland to Flanders":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 6 x dinner; no dinner in Antwerp
- afternoon coffee and tea served daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink
- several short guided city tour
- entrance Antwerp Red Star Line Museum
- canal cruises in Ghent
- Belgian products tasting
- ferry trips
- bike tours with english speaking tour guide
- daily tour briefing
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike and helmet
(please supply your head measurement when booking)
- outside cabins, approx. 11-14 sqm (118-151 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- individually adjustable air conditioning
- level-access beds
- flat sceen tv
- upper deck cabins offers openable windows
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and freewheel, equipped with a waterproof bike bag, bike lock and water bottle. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on thursdays:
04.05. + 01.06. + 15.06. + 13.07. + 27.07.
10.08. + 24.08. + 07.09. + 21.09. + 05.10.
All prices are per person.
13.07.-24.08. + 05.10.:
- 1499 € 2-bed cabin lower deck
- 1699 € premium twin cabin lower deck
- 2049 € suite upper deck
- 2214 € 2-bed cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 1649 € premium triple cabin lower deck
- 1949 € triple suite upper deck
- 1559 € 2-bed cabin lower deck
- 1759 € premium twin cabin lower deck
- 2109 € suite upper deck
- 2304 € 2-bed cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 1709 € premium triple cabin lower deck
- 2009 € triple suite upper deck
- 100 € rental bike
- 220 € e-bike
- 10 € personal bike
- 25 € personal e-bike
- booking code "Cruise from Holland to Flanders":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to the tour "Cruise from Holland to Flanders":
- You can bring your luggage on board from about 11 am.
- Arrival by car:
There are three options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. 175 € / week.
- Make use of our parking service from Centralparking. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. 150 € / week.
- Make use of the free parking space P&R at the train station in Weesp. Back to Amsterdam Centraal station by train, duration approx. 15 minutes, cost approx. 4 €.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx 3 €.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes, approx. 5 €), followed by the 48 bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / 3 €)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. 45 € per vehicle.
- Individual return journey by train from Brugge SNCB to Amsterdam Centraal (3 changes, duration approx. 4,5 hours, price approx. 50 €). Alternatively you can take the Thalys from Brussels (1 change, duration approx. 3,5 hours price approx. 90 €). You can find additional information regarding parking and your return transfer in your travel documents.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.