Cruise from Holland to Flanders
Boat and bike tour on MS Magnifique II from EUR 1329
The Netherlands and Belgium aren’t particularly large; therefore a tour between Amsterdam and Bruges by Boat & Bike is easily manageable in a week. Find the similarities and differences between the reformed States General and the Catholic-Spanish Netherlands. Explore countless UNESCO world cultural heritage sites, from individual noteworthy buildings to entire townscapes. You will never be far from the water, whether in the form of canals or the North Sea, which you can access from municipal beaches. This Cruise from Holland to Flanders by boat & bike starts in Amsterdam.
Here you can find details about the MS Magnifique II.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam
Embarkation from 2 pm. Discover Amsterdam by day and by night.
Day 2 Bike tour Amsterdam - Vianen, 36-46 km/23-29 mi
Check-in at 1 pm, then boat trip at 2 pm to the fortress town of Vianen, where you will also stay overnight.
Day 3 Bike tour Vianen - Kinderdijk, 32-56 km/20-35 mi
Through the silver town of Schonhoven to Kinderdijk, a village which hosts a large concentration of drainage windmills, which has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site. Overnight stay in Dordrecht.
Day 4 Bike tour Willemstad - Tholen, 36-44 km/23-28 mi
Cycling tour to the picturesque town of Tholen. Then, your ship will take you onwards through the Kreekrak locks to Belgium, right into the centre of the diamond city of Antwerp.
Day 5 Bike tour Antwerp - St. Amands, 34-49 km/21-30 mi
First you will cycle through the nature reserve Walenhoek. Then you will cycle through the region where the red bricks used to build houses are produced.
Day 6 Bike tour St. Amands - Ghent, approx. 52 km/32 mi
First, the river Schelde takes you through typically Flemish villages. Later on you will reach Ghent, once known for its wealth and elegance with its cathedral and magnificent town houses.
Day 7 Bike tour Ghent - Bruges, 22-45 km/14-28 mi
Cycle along the Ghent-Oostende Canal until you reach Bruges, which is also known as the ‘Venice of the North’ and is a UNESCO world cultural heritage site.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast your cruise from Holland to Flanders by bike & boat comes to an end.
Here are the details on MS Magnifique II.
Included in "Cruise from Holland to Flanders":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 packed lunches or small lunch aboard
- 6 x dinner; no dinner in Antwerp
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily until 4 p.m.
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- several short guided city tour
- entrance Antwerp Red Star Line Museum
- canal cruises in Ghent
- Belgian products tasting
- ferry trips
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- bike tours with english speaking tour guide
- daily tour briefing
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike with helmet
- outside cabins, approx. 11-14 sqm (118-151 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- individually adjustable air conditioning
- level-access beds
- flat sceen tv
- upper deck cabins offers openable windows
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and freewheel, equipped with a waterproof bike bag, bike lock and water bottle. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on thursdays:
30.06. + 28.07. + 11.08. + 25.08. + 06.10.
All prices are per person.
14.07.-25.08. + 06.10.:
- 1329 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck
- 1529 EUR premium twin cabin lower deck
- 1829 EUR suite upper deck
- 1994 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 1279 EUR premium triple cabin lower deck
- 1729 EUR triple suite upper deck
05.05.-30.06. + 08.09.-22.09.:
- 1379 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck
- 1579 EUR premium twin cabin lower deck
- 1879 EUR suite upper deck
- 2069 EUR 2-bed cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 1329 EUR premium triple cabin lower deck
- 1779 EUR triple suite upper deck
- 95 EUR rental bike
- 210 EUR e-bike
- 10 EUR personal bike
- 25 EUR personal e-bike
- booking code "Cruise from Holland to Flanders":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to the tour "Cruise from Holland to Flanders":
- Arrival by car:
There are three options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. EUR 175 / week.
- Make use of our parking service from Centralparking. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. EUR 150 / week.
- Make use of the free parking space P&R at the train station in Weesp. Back to Amsterdam Centraal station by train, duration approx. 15 minutes, cost approx. EUR 4.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx EUR 3.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes, approx. EUR 5), followed by the 48 bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / EUR 3)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. EUR 45 per vehicle.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Individual return journey by train from Brugge SNCB to Amsterdam Centraal (3 changes, duration approx. 4,5 hours, price approx. EUR 50). Alternatively you can take the Thalys from Brussels (1 change, duration approx. 3,5 hours price approx. EUR 90). You can find additional information regarding parking and your return transfer in your travel documents.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.