Cycle tour Moselle river on MS Flora
Cycling from Merzig to Coblenz from 1229 €
On the river Moselle with the MS Flora - that’s a somewhat different way to experience this holiday region beloved for generations. Ancient Roman history, medieval townscapes and the omnipresent viticulture on this regions’ typical steep slopes shape the foundation of this tourist destination, which seems to be constantly reinventing itself. Generous hospitality and Moselle-Franconian cheerfulness await you between Trier and Coblenz, which in itself is worth a visit if you fancy a brief detour up the river Saar. This cycle tour along Moselle river on the MS Flora is perfectly suitable for untrained cyclists, your starting point is Merzig.
Here you can find further information on the MS Flora.
Day 1 Arrival in Merzig
Embarkation starts at two o'clock. Discover this quaint town with the remarkable basilika and the baroque town hall.
Day 2 Merzig - Saarburg, approx. 39 km / 24 mi
First, you'll visit the famous Mettlach ceramics factory. Then you will follow the Saar river along a picturesque meander.
Day 3 Saarburg - Trier, approx 32 km / 20 mi
First, you'll cycle to Wasserbillig in Luxembourg. Then you enter the Roman Imperial city. The Porta Nigra and the Imperial Baths are Trier’s most famous, but certainly not its only sights.
Day 4 Schweich - Bernkastel, 27-54 km / 17-34 mi + boat trip
Neumagen and Piesport are two famous wine villages you will be passing through today. Roman history is brought to life in a wine presser and a replica wine ship.
Day 5 Bernkastel-Kues - Zell, approx. 48 km / 30 mi
Traben-Trarbach is shaped by Art Nouveau, while Zell is the largest wine town along the Moselle, with an exceptional Riesling. In the evening you can visit a local winery.
Day 6 Zell - Cochem, approx. 39km / 24mi
The small town of Beilstein presents itself in a charming fashion; in Cochem you will discover the famous Reichsburg castle.
Day 7 Karden - Winningen, approx. 38 km / 24 mi + boat trip
First, you'll visit Eltz Castle, after which Coblenz is awaiting you, with its beautiful historic centre and a cable car up to Fort Ehrenbreitstein.
Day 8 Disembarkation and depature
After breakfast, your "Cycle tour Moselle - MS Flora" comes to an end.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS Flora.
Included in "Cycle tour Moselle - MS Flora":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7x breakfast, 6x packed lunch, 6x dinner, no dinner in Trier)
- complimentary coffee/tea
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- tickets for ferries
- some city walks
- bike tours with english speaking tour guide
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- outside cabins, approx. 8 sqm (85 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- level-access single beds
- all cabins with openable portholes
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 24-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
02.09. + 16.09. + 14.10.
All prices are per person.
- 1229 € 2-bed cabin, 14.10
- 1329 € 2-bed cabin, further dates
- 1809 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy, 14.10.
- 1959 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy, further dates
- 1129 € triple (3rd person: child only), 14.10.
- 1299 € triple (3rd person: child only), further dates
- 90 € rental bike
- 195 € e-bike
- 10 € rental helmet
- 10 € private bike
- 25 € private e-bike
- booking code "Cycle tour Moselle - MS Flora":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
- Arrival by car:
Parking garage "Zur Stadthalle", Berckheimstraße 1, 66763 Dillingen/Saar.
- Arrival by train:
- Arrival by plane:
Frankfurt Airport, by train to Merzig, duration approx. 3,5 h, 1-2 x changes, standard fare approx. 60 €.
under your own steam by train, duration approx. 2 hours, no train changes, normal fare 35 €
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.