Cycling in North Holland
Boat and bike on MS Serena from EUR 499
Discover the province of North Holland by boat and bike. The sheer expanse of the IJsselmeer, the North Sea's blisteringly fresh air, the Isle of Texel's remarkable dune landscape, ancient coastal towns full of noble Captains' houses, as well as the polders slowly eroded by the sea, a hearty local cuisine and cheese-making culture steeped in tradition - these are all characteristics of your journey on the Serena. This tour on bike and boat through North Holland is perfectly suited for expert cyclists as well as beginners.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS Serena.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam, boat trip to Hoorn
Embarkation 3-4:30 pm. While you enjoy your dinner, the ship will take you to your tour’s starting point.
Day 2 Hoorn - Enkhuizen, 20-26 km/12-16 mi
The Dutch East India Company left its mark on Hoorn - Enkhuizen’s Zuiderseemuseum is definitely worth visiting.
Day 3 Round trip from Lemmer, 32-45 km/ 20-28 mi
Straight across the IJsselmeer, you will cruise to the starting point of today’s cycling stage while enjoying the typical Frisian landscape.
Day 4 Lemmer - Stavoren, approx. 33 km/20 mi, boat trip
Today’s cycling route will take you along the coast, and through woodland on the way to Stavoren. Here, the ship will take you to the island of Texel.
Day 5 Texel round trip, 29-70 km/18-43 mi, boat trip
There are several routes to choose from, or you can simply enjoy the beautiful sandy beaches. At 6 pm, the ship will take you to Den Helder.
Day 6 Den Helder - Alkmaar, 25-55 km/16-34 miles
Alongside the North Sea coast you will be cycling in a southerly direction, into the charming town of Alkmaar offering several sights.
Day 7 Boat trip, Wormerveer - Amsterdam, 28 km/ 17 mi
There will be enough time for the cheese market! The well-known Zaanse Schans open-air museum can be reached by bike before cycling back to Amsterdam.
Day 8 Disembarkation, departure or extension
After breakfast, your bike holiday in North-Holland sadly reaches its conclusion. Disembarkation until 9:00 am.
Here are the details on MS Serena.
Included in your package "Cycling in North Holland":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- complimentary coffee/tea in the afternoon
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- on-board tour guide
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- optional concession tickets to local attractions, to be purchased on board
- optional rental bike
- junior Suite (fixed bed), approx. 12 sqm (129 sq ft)
- 2-bed cabin, approx. 8-9 sqm (86-97 sq ft)
- single cabin, approx. 6 sqm (64 sq ft)
- all cabins with level-access beds
- all cabins with ensuite WC and shower
- all cabins with ventilation system, TV and safe
- all cabins with openable windows
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- arrival on saturdays
26.03. - 08.10.
All prices are per person.
|26.03. + 08.10.|
|2-bed cabin||499 EUR||649 EUR|
|junior suite||549 EUR|
|02.04. + 01.10.|
|2-bed cabin||599 EUR||749 EUR|
|junior suite||649 EUR|
|09.04. + 24.09.|
|2-bed cabin||699 EUR||849 EUR|
|junior suite||749 EUR|
|16.04. + 23.04. + 10.09. + 17.09.|
|2-bed cabin||749 EUR||899 EUR|
|junior suite||799 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||849 EUR||999 EUR|
|junior suite||899 EUR|
single cabin main deck
single cabin promenade deck
|double cabin, single occupancy||+ 50 %|
|rental bike||75 EUR|
- Arrival by car:
There are different options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. EUR 175 / week.
- Make use of our parking service. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. EUR 150 / week.
- Make use of the free parking space P&R at the train station in Weesp. Back to Amsterdam Centraal station by train, duration approx. 15 minutes, cost approx. EUR 4.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx EUR 3.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes, approx. EUR 5), followed by bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / EUR 3)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. EUR 45 per vehicle. There are several private and scheduled providers, see e.g. here.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.