Dutch Hanseatic Tour
Round trip from Amsterdam on MS De Holland from € 689
The Dutch Hanseatic Tour will take you along the Rhine, the IJssel and the old coast of the former Zuiderzee. There are many forests and nature reserves to explore in this ancient cultural landscape, which came into wealth during the time of the Hanseatic League. Small and large Hanseatic towns are testament to this and await your visit. The polder areas in the new Flevoland Province are extensive and modern. The Dutch Hanseatic Tour offers short and long stages and is also suitable for children.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS De Holland.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam, boat trip to Wijk bij Duurstede
Check-in until 2 p.m., then you will sail along the Amsterdam-Rhine-Canal to the small town Wijk, which is definitely worth a visit.
Day 2 Boat trip, Wageningen - Arnhem, 35-45 km/22-28 mi
The first bike tour takes you through the nature reserves ‘Blauwe Kamer’ and ‘Veluwe’. You will also visit the largest private Van Gogh art collection.
Day 3 Boat trip, Doesburg - Deventer, 45-55 km/28-34 mi
Today you can choose between two different tours of varying lengths: Either you cycle along the IJssel, or through the romantic countryside with castles and country manors. Overnight stay in Deventer.
Day 4 Boat trip, Wijhe - Kampen, 40-56 km/25-35 mi
Continue cycling along the banks of the IJssel, where the impressive Hanseatic towns Hattem, Zwolle and Kampen await you.
Day 5 Kampen - Harderwijk, approx. 48-54 km/30-34 mi
Cycle along the Veluwemeer, a remainder of the former Zuiderzee, which is a popular tourist destination today. Enjoy a relaxing evening in the picturesque fishing village Harderwijk.
Day 6 Harderwijk-Spakenburg-Huizen, 45-56 km/28-34 mi
To the left of the former coastline you can see villages and forests, to the right reclaimed polder areas. This region is ideal of cycling.
Day 7 Huizen - Amsterdam approx. 35 km/22 mi
First you will visit the old fortress towns Naarden and Muiden. Then you will cycle to Amsterdam, where you will have lots of time to explore the city.
Day 8 Tag Departure
After breakfast your Dutch Hanseatic Tour comes to an end.
Here are the details on MS De Holland.
Included in your package "Dutch Hanseatic Tour":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- complimentary coffee/tea until 4 pm daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- several short guided city tours
- on-board tour guide that is also doing all the cycling
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike
- optional rental helmet
- 1 suite on upper deck, approx. 13 sqm (140 sq ft) with french balcony
- outside cabins, approx. 10 sqm (107 sq ft)
seperated, level-access beds
- individuelly adjustable A/C units
- upper deck cabins with openable windows
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes/freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
08.04. - 07.10.
All prices are per person.
|lower deck||upper deck|
|08.04. + 07.10.|
|2-bed cabin||689 EUR||939 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1034 EUR||1409 EUR|
|3-bed cabin (child max. 12 years)||669 EUR|
|15.04. + 22.04. + 23.09. + 30.09.|
|2-bed cabin||839 EUR||1089 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1259 EUR||1634 EUR|
|3-bed cabin (child max. 12 years)||819 EUR|
|29.04. + 09.09. + 16.09.|
|2-bed cabin||949 EUR||1199 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1424 EUR||1799 EUR|
|3-bed cabin (child max. 12 years)||929 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||1059 EUR||1359 EUR|
|cabin for single occupancy||1589 EUR||2039 EUR|
|3-bed cabin (child max. 12 years)||1039 EUR|
|rental bike||90 EUR|
|rental helmet||10 EUR|
|private bike||10 EUR|
|private e-bike||25 EUR|
|canal boat cruise Amsterdam||15 EUR|
Arrival "Dutch Hanseatic Tour":
- Arrival by car:
There are three options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. EUR 175 / week.
- Make use of our parking service from Centralparking. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. EUR 150 / week.
- Make use of the free parking space P&R at the train station in Weesp. Back to Amsterdam Centraal station by train, duration approx. 15 minutes, cost approx. EUR 4.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx EUR 3.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes, approx. EUR 5), followed by the 48 bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / EUR 3)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. EUR 50.
There are several private and scheduled providers, see e.g. here.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.