The Green Heart of Holland
Holland’s countryside on MS Flora from EUR 899
The Netherlands sure is densely populated - the sprawl of large cities, from Amsterdam to Rotterdam, from the Hague to Gouda has grown together and now surrounds Holland’s green heart - in Dutch, this is referred to as the “Randstad”. This region is shaped by agriculture and abundant nature: bodies of water, as well as farms and windmills paint an impressive picture of this country. But you’ll also get to see North Sea beaches, Rotterdam’s harbour and obviously you can’t miss the enticing, colourful city of Amsterdam.
Here are some details on the quaint and familiar ship, the MS Flora.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam
Embarkation starts at 2 pm, leaving enough time to discover Amsterdam's historical centre, which is best done on a canal boat.
Day 2 Boat trip, Zaandam - Haarlem, 40-55 km/25-34 mi
The museum village of Zaanse Schans is well worth a visit, after which the bike tour commences, taking you to the picturesque town of Haarlem.
Day 3 Haarlem - Leiden, 42-50 km/26-31 mi
Past pristine sandy beaches, you’ll be cycling to the university town of Leiden, which is home to beautiful houses from the 17th century.
Day 4 Leiden - Delft, 35-41 km/22-25 mi
There are several tours to choose from - a visit to one of Delft’s many china factories is highly recommended.
Day 5 Boat trip, Kinderdijk - Gouda, 23-66 km/14-41 mi
Today begins with a tour of Rotterdam’s harbour, after which you’ll be cycling past the many windmills of Kinderdijk into the town famous for its cheese.
Day 6 Gouda - Kudelstaart, 45-55 km/28-34 mi
The bike tour leads through idyllic villages and past stately farms towards Kudelstaart, the “Dutch St. Tropez” and watersports hub.
Day 7 Kudelstaart - Amsterdam, 23 km/14 mi
You’ll further cycle along the river Amstel through Amsterdam’s giant park “Amsterdamse Bos”. The entire Amsterdam “fortress belt” site is a UNESCO world heritage site.
Day 8 Disembarkation and departure
Your trip "Green heart of Holland" concludes after breakfast, disembarkation until 09:30 am.
Here are the details on MS Flora.
Included in your package "The Green Heart of Holland":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 x packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- english speaking on-board tour guide
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike
- optional rental helmet
- outside cabins, approx. 8 sqm (85 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- level-access single beds
- all cabins with openable portholes
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on saturdays
14.05. + 06.08. + 13.08.
- Minimum number of participants: 12. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 4 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
- 899 EUR 2-bed cabin 14.05.
- 939 EUR 2-bed cabin further dates
- 1349 EUR 2-bed cabin, single occupancy 14.05.
- 1409 EUR 2-bed cabin, single occupancy further dates
- 799 EUR 3-bed cabin 14.05
- 839 EUR 3-bed cabin further dates
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 185 EUR e-bike
- 10 EUR rental helmet
- 10 EUR private bike
- 25 EUR private e-bike
- 15 EUR canal boat cruise in Amsterdam, 1 h
Arrival to the tour "The Green Heart of Holland":
- Arrival by car:
There are three options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. EUR 175 / week.
- Make use of our parking service from Centralparking. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. EUR 150 / week.
- Make use of the free parking space P&R at the train station in Weesp. Back to Amsterdam Centraal station by train, duration approx. 15 minutes, cost approx. EUR 4.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx EUR 3.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes, approx. EUR 5), followed by the 48 bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / EUR 3)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. EUR 45 per vehicle. There are several private and scheduled providers, see e.g. here.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.