IJsselmeer - Clipper Elizabeth
Holland & Friesland, 8 days/7 nights from 999 €
The IJsselmeer, the former Zuiderzee, is a popular sailing spot and water sports area. On this journey, you will get to experience an amazing maritime landscape along the dutch and frisian coast on the Elizabeth, a three-masted clipper. Feel free to help the ship’s crew out - it is however not required, as is any kind of previous experience on sailing boats. Wind, weather and currents may affect the itinerary, which can therefore change at short notice.
Here you can find more information on the clipper Elizabeth.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam
Embarkation until 2 p.m. Use the time to get a first impression of the city. Sailing to Monnickendam and first cycle tour through "Waterland".
Day 2 Monnickendamm - Volendam, 32-51 km / 20-32 mi
The 17th century trading towns are well preserved. In Edam you will have the opportunity to visit a cheese dairy.
Day 3 Hoorn - Enkhuizen, approx. 28-39 km / 17-24 mi
A short cycle tour will take you to Enkhuizen, then you will embark on your first big sailing trip to Urk.
Day 4 Urk - Vollenhove, approx. 37 km / 23 mi
A short bike tour takes you to the Unesco World Heritage Island of Schokland, then cycling to the fishing village of Vollenhove.
Day 5 Vollenhove - Giethoorn, ca. 37-49 km / 23-31 mi
Today’s tour will take you through Frisian villages, moors and the National Park Weerribben-Wieden.The destination is Giethoorn, also known as the "little Venice of the North".
Day 6 Giethoorn - Lelystad
On this day a sailing trip is planned; worth seeing is the Batavia shipyard, which restores old ships.
Day 7 Lelystad - Blocq van Kuffeler, approx. 20-29 km / 12-18 mi
The bike tour leads through the nature reserve Oostvaardersplassen, then the boat takes you back to Amsterdam.
Day 8 Disembarkation and departure
After breakfast your tour on the IJsselmeer on board the Elizabeth ends.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on clipper Elizabeth.
Included in "IJsselmeer - Clipper Elizabeth":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- complimentary coffee/tea in the afternoon (until 4 pm)
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- on-board tour guide
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike
- optional rental helmet
- outside cabins with ensuite WC and shower
- all cabins offer openable portholes
- all 2-bed-cabins feature level-access beds
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed/freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Tour starts on saturdays02.09. + 09.09.
- Minimum number of participants: 10. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 30 days prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
- 999 € 2-bed cabin
- 1499 € single cabin
- 949 € 3-bed cabin
- 899 € 4-bed cabin
- 1149 € 2-bed cabin
- 1724 € single cabin
- 1099 € 3-bed cabin
- 1049 € 4-bed cabin
- Children up to 15 years receive a 15 % discount on
at least 2 adults in one cabin.
- 90 € rental bike
- 195 € e-bike
- 10 € rental helmet
- 10 € private bike
- 25 € private e-bike
- Fuel surcharge 25 €/person
Amount will be charged with the invoice and converted to on-board credit when energy prices drop significantly.
- booking code "IJsselmeer - Clipper Elizabeth":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to "IJsselmeer - Clipper Elizabeth":
- Arrival by car:
There are three options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. 200 € / week.
- Make use of our parking service from Centralparking. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. 150 € / week.
- Make use of the free parking space P&R at the train station in Weesp. Back to Amsterdam Centraal station by train, duration approx. 15 minutes, cost approx. 4 €.
You will find further information regarding parking in your travel documents.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx 3 €.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes / 5 €), followed by the 48 bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / 3 €)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. 45 € per vehicle.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.