IJsselmeer & North Sea coast
Northern Holland on MS De Willemstad from EUR 649
Discover the province of North Holland by boat and bike. The sheer expanse of the IJsselmeer, the North Sea's blisteringly fresh air, the Isle of Texel's remarkable dune landscape, ancient coastal towns full of noble Captains' houses, as well as the polders slowly eroded by the sea, a hearty local cuisine and cheese-making culture steeped in tradition - these are all characteristics of your journey on the MS Willemstad. The tour on bike and boat IJsselmeer & North Sea coast is perfectly suited for expert cyclists as well as beginners.
Here you can find more details on the ship, the MS De Willemstad.
Day 1 Arrival in Amsterdam, boat trip
Embarkation from 11 am. Discover Amsterdam by day, While you enjoy your dinner, the ship will take you to Zaandam.
Day 2 Zaandam - Alkmaar, 45 km/28 mi
You will first visit the Zaanse Schaans open air museum, then you cycle through the pretty landscape of "Leeghwater", with the former whaling village of De Rijp and the Mill-cum-museum Schemerhorn.
Day 3 Round trip Alkmaar, 33-40 km/21-25 mi, boat trip
Cycle tour through the polder landscape of the lake of De Beemster, which was drained in the 17th century, then you will continue to Den Helder aboard your ship.
Day 4 Round trip on Texel, 15-65 km/9-40 mi, boat trip
You take the ferry to the island of Texel, then you experience a cycling day, beach day or discovery day in Oudeschild. In the evening boat trip from Den Helder to Den Oever.
Day 5 Boat trip, round trip Stavoren, 43-55 km/27-34 mi
You have the choice: longer or shorter cycle tour through the Gaasterland or friesische Seenplatte.
Day 6 Boat trip, Medemblik - Enkhuizen, 30-50 km/19-31 mi
Today you will experience charming Dutch villages and towns, all of which have been shaped by the shipping industry and the sea in general.
Day 7 Boat trip, Volendam - Amsterdam, 35-50 km/21-31 mi
'Waterland' is a fitting name for this region, which is also well known for its cheese.
Day 8 Disembarkation, departure or extension
Your trip "IJsselmeer & North Sea coast" concludes after breakfast.
Here are the details on MS De Willemstad.
Included in your package "IJsselmeer and North Sea coast":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- complimentary coffee/tea until 4 pm daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- ticket ferry to Texel
- 1 music night on board
- several short guided city tours
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- on-board tour guide that is also doing all the cycling
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- optional rental bike
- optional bike helmet
- optional concession tickets to local attractions, to be purchased on board
- 8 suites on upper deck, approx. 15 sqm (162 sq ft) with french balcony
- outside cabins, approx. 10 sqm (110 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- main deck cabins have permanently locked windows
- upper-deck cabins offer adjustable windows
- individually regulated air conditioning
- beds with level access
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes/freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer E-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on saturdays
21.05. - 08.10.
All prices are per person.
200 € discount p.p. for new booking for all departures July/August, booked until 31.08.
|lower deck||upper deck|
|2-bed cabin||649 EUR||799 EUR|
|2-bed cabin for single occupancy||974 EUR||1199 EUR|
|24.09. + 01.10.|
|2-bed cabin||799 EUR||949 EUR|
|2-bed cabin for single occupancy||1199 EUR||1424 EUR|
|10.09. + 17.09.|
|2-bed cabin||899 EUR||1049 EUR|
|2-bed cabin for single occupancy||1349 EUR||1574 EUR|
|all other dates|
|2-bed cabin||999 EUR||1199 EUR|
|2-bed cabin for single occupancy||1499 EUR||1799 EUR|
|rental bike||85 EUR|
|rental helmet||10 EUR|
|private bike||10 EUR|
|private e-bike||25 EUR|
|canal boat cruise Amsterdam||15 EUR|
- booking code "IJsselmeer and North Sea coast":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to the tour "IJsselmeer & North Sea coast":
- Arrival by car:
There are three options of parking your car for the duration of the trip. In any case, please drive to the quay first and bring your luggage and (if applicable) personal bike aboard. Then
- Drive to the car park Oosterdok near Amsterdam Centraal station. Costs are approx. EUR 175 / week.
- Make use of our parking service from Centralparking. We will arrange for your car to be picked up from the quay, stored safely and returned to the ship. Your vehicle is insured against all types of damage or theft and will be parked in a protected underground facility. Cost: approx. EUR 150 / week.
- Make use of the free parking space P&R at the train station in Weesp. Back to Amsterdam Centraal station by train, duration approx. 15 minutes, cost approx. EUR 4.
- Arrival by train:
Amsterdam Centraal station, get the 48 bus to the quay, duration approx. 10 minutes, cost approx EUR 3.
- Arrival by plane:
Shiphol Airport, take the train to Amsterdam Centraal station (approx. 20 minutes, approx. EUR 5), followed by the 48 bus to the quay (approx. 10 minutes / EUR 3)
Alternatively, get a taxi from the airport to the quay, cost: approx. EUR 45 per vehicle. There are several private and scheduled providers, see e.g. here.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.