Maas & Limburg with Boat & Bike
Round trip with the comfortable MS Miro from 895 €
The Maas and Limburg Tour by boat and bike takes you through a region situated in the foothills of the Eifel and the Ardennes along the river Maas. While it was once a duchy with a vibrant history, since 1830 it has extended throughout parts of Belgium and the Netherlands. The landscape is characterised by fruit trees and the cultivation of vegetables, it was also home to mining, especially coal mining, in the past. Limburg’s several bike paths offer some super cycling, while the region’s main culinary treats include asparagus, fruit cakes and the countless different types of beer.
Here you can find further details on the comfortable boat MS Miró.
Day 1 Arrival in Kanne (Maastricht), boat trip to Liège
Embarkation at 12:00 pm, followed by the tour briefing and the issuance of rental bikes. In the early afternoon, the ship will set course for the Liege harbour of Angleur.
Day 2 Angleur - Kanne, 27-45 km / 16-28 mi
You’ll visit the large sunday market, after which you’ll cycle along the rivers Voer and Maas.
Day 3 Lanaken - Maasmechelen, 25-45 km / 15-28 mi
This tour will lead you through the rural Haspengau region. The Pietersheim castle complex and the small town of Maasmechelen are especially worth a visit.In the evening we will board again and go on a beautiful evening cruise through small canals in the national park to the small town of Bree.
Day 4 Bree - Thorn, 28-43 km / 17-26 mi
Today you’ll be cycling through the Hoge Kempen National Park and visit Achel Benedictine Abbey. Overnight stay will be in Thorn.
Day 5 Round trip Thorn + boat trip 32-49 km / 20-30 mi
Along the river Maas and many lakes, through historic Maaseik and the maritime town Maasbracht, you will cycle back to the „white town“ of Thorn, a popular tourist destination.
Day 6 Born - Kanne (Maastricht), 45 km / 28 mi
Today, the Julia canal will lead you along the Dutch side of the Maas, past old castles and charming villages, until you get back to Kanne.
Day 7 Departure
After breakfast, your tour of Maas & Limburg is sadly already coming to an end.
Prices & Dates
- 6 nights aboard
- half board (6x breakfast, 6 packed lunches)
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink
- welcome cake
- Maasmechelen Village visit
- guided city tour through Lüttich
- on-board tour guide
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- harbour taxi boat-Maastricht-boat
- bicycle insurence
- e-bikes unisex with rear brakes
- comfortable outside cabins with ensuite WC and shower
- central air-conditioning
- french double bed
- Comfortable unisex-pedelects with coaster brakes, equipped with panniers and a lock. We also supply rain ponchos, safety vests and helmets.
- If you choose to wear a helmet, we recommend using your own due to the variety of head sizes and shapes and for hygienic reasons.
Travel time 2024:
- Arrival on saturdays
20.04. + 04.05. + 18.05.
13.07. + 27.07.
- Minimum number of participants: 6. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 21 days prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person
- 895 € 2-bed cabin
- 2-bed cabin, single occupancy, on request
- booking code "Maas & Limburg with Boat & Bike":
- how you can save some money
- Tourist tax, harbor, lock and passenger fee 125 €/person, payable on site.
Arrival to "Maas & Limburg with Boat & Bike":
- Arrival by car:
Parking is available for the duration of the tour right by the ship’s mooring point (approx. 60 €/week, pre-booking not necessary, payable on site.)
- Arrival by train:
Maastricht Main station, from market place by bus nr. 34 to Kanne
- Arrival by plane:
Düsseldorf airport, take the train to Düsseldorf main railway station or bus station. Take the bus to Maastricht main railway station. See above for more.
As space is limited, it will typically not be possible for you to bring your own bike on this tour. Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.