Passau - Vienna by boat and bike
On the move with MS Prinzessin Katharina from EUR 699
From Passau to Vienna by boat and bike - this popular tour lets you enjoy the straightforward cycle paths along the shores of the Danube in an intensive but comfortable manner. The wild and romantic Danube valley, the charming Wachau region, the rough Strudengau - magnificent castles and monasteries and the pulsating life in three cities well worth visiting - Passau, Linz and Vienna - offer an unforgettable holiday experience. This boat and bike tour is straightforward and easily cyclable, even for inexperienced cyclists - if you don’t feel like riding your bike, just stay aboard the MS Prinzessin Katharina.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation at 4 pm, departure to Engelhartszell at approx. 7 pm.
Day 2 Engelhartszell-Untermühl, approx. 36 km/22 mi, cruise
Highlights of this stage include Monastery Engelszell and the Schlögener Schlinge, as well as Linz’s exciting night life.
Day 3 Cruise, Mauthausen - Grein, approx. 36-40 km/22-25 mi
The Machland is both vast and friendly. Optional: Visit the Concentration Camp memorial.
Day 4 Grein - Melk, approx. 47-50 km/29-31 mi, cruise
The Strudengau was once feared for its currents, now Melk abbey towers over the town.
Day 5 Tulln - Nussdorf, approx. 36 km/22 mi
You will be able to enjoy some more of this region’s beautiful forests and nature, before you are greeted by the charming metropolis of Vienna, full of Austro-Hungarian imperial history.
Day 6 Discover Vienna, night cruise
How about booking “Vienna by bike” or an operetta concert? There are several optional activities you can book. Or, why not explore Vienna by yourself?
Day 7 Wachau - Pöchlarn, approx. 40-49 km/25-30 mi, night cruise
You will see a series of charmingly strung together villages, where the Wachau and Nibelungengau regions meet. Consider purchasing some jam or wine directly from their respective producers.
Day 8 Disembarkation and departure
You will arrive in Passau at around 11:00 am, when this tour from Passau to Vienna by boat and bike terminates.
Here are the details on MS Prinzessin Katharina.
Included in your package "Passau-Vienna by boat and bike":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7x dinner)
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- captain’s reception
- welcome drink
- farewell gala dinner
- goodbye cocktail
- daily live music
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- optional event tickets and guided tours, bookable aboard
- outside cabins, approx. 11 sqm (111 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- beds with level access
- individually adjustable air conditioning
- upper deck cabins with french balcony
- main deck cabins with non opening panoramic windows
- 2 upper deck cabins offer a third bed for 3rd person (max. 80 kg/176 lbs)
- eco cabins: during sailing and manoeuvres the engine sounds can be more audible here
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
22.04. + 06.05. + 13.05. + 20.05. + 27.05.
03.06. + 17.06. + 01.07. + 15.07. + 29.07.
12.08. + 19.08. + 26.08. + 02.09. + 09.09.
16.09. + 30.09.
- Minimum number of participants: 80. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 3 weeks prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
|22.04. + 30.09.|
|2-bed eco-cabin||699 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||799 EUR||999 EUR|
|1-bed cabin||1099 EUR||1299 EUR|
|3-bed cabin||799 EUR|
|06.05. + 16.09.|
|2-bed eco-cabin||799 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||899 EUR||1099 EUR|
|1-bed cabin||1199 EUR||1399 EUR|
|3-bed cabin||899 EUR|
|2-bed eco-cabin||899 EUR|
|2-bed cabin||999 EUR||1199 EUR|
|1-bed cabin||1299 EUR||1499 EUR|
|3-bed cabin||999 EUR|
|double cabin for single occupancy||+50 %|
|3. person under 13 years||-20 %|
|rental bike||80 EUR|
Arrival to "Passau - Vienna by boat and bike":
- Parking in Passau:
- 75 EUR, fenced-in outdoor area, includes transfers
- 87 EUR, roofed car park, includes transfers
Information on how to register for parking is included in your travel documents
Arrival in Passau via train:
the railway station is about 15 minutes from the quay on foot.
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. 35 EUR
Rental car, one way per vehicle: 200-250 EUR
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.