Passau - Vienna aboard MS Primadonna
The Danube cycle path with boat & bike from EUR 699
Passau-Vienna aboard the comfort ship MS Primadonna – on this popular trip, you’ll cycle along comfortable cycle paths for a vibrant experience of the Danube. The wild and romantic Danube Valley, the picturesque Wachau region and the rugged Strudengau landscape, as well as magnificent castles and monasteries and the stunning, pulsating cities of Linz and Vienna offer an unforgettable holiday experience. Here you can find information about your hotel ship, the MS Primadonna.
Day 1 Arrival in Passau + boat trip
Passau’s historic centre has a very distinct Mediterranean flair about it. Embarkation at approx. 4 pm, departure to Schlögen at 6.30 pm.
Day 2 Schlögen - Linz, 56 km/35 mi
Bike handover at the Schlögen river bend, then you will cycle through the romantic Danube valley. The Willhering monastery and the state capital Linz.
Day 3 Linz - Grein, 57 km/35 mi
Today’s highlights are Mitterkirchen, which offers an open-air museum that is absolutely worth seeing and the small Baroque town Grein.
Day 4 Ybbs - Spitz/Wachau, 50 km/31 mi
The magnificent Melk Abbey and the lovely wine villages of the Wachau are on today's tour. Sail to Hainburg overnight.
Day 5 Roundtrip from Hainburg, 44-55 km/27-34 mi
There is plenty of nature and sights worth seeing such as Hof Palace, Eckartsau Palace and Devin Castle on today's cycle tour through the Danube Floodplains National Park.
Day 6 Discovery Vienna
In the morning you’ll take part in a city tour, then it’s time for some shopping on the Mariahilfer Straße or relaxing in a wine tavern in Nußdorf. Vienna’s Imperial Palace, Castle Schönbrunn, the Prater and the Danube Island: there is lots to explore.
Day 7 Krems - Melk - Pöchlarn, 48 km/30 mi
Everything revolves around the Wachau today, which is probably Austria’s most well known wine region. You will be able to buy wine, schnapps and everything apricot-related directly from the producers.
Day 8 Engelhartszell and departure
Arrival in Passau around 9.00 a.m., disembarkation after breakfast. Your tour " Passau-Vienna aboard the MS Primadonna" comes to an end.
Here are the details on MS Primadonna.
Included in "Passau-Vienna aboard MS Primadonna":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- 7 x breakfast
- 6 x packed lunches or three-course meals aboard
- 7 x dinner, four-course meals
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- daily midnight snack
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- Vienna city tour
- organ concert Linz
- Classic Hits Concert Greinburg
- entrance and guided tour Eckartsau Castle
- entrance Museum of Art History
- 2 x hydrojet massage/cabin
- 1 x partial body massage/cabin
- 1 x traditional shaving/cabin
- english speaking on-board tour operators
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- parking space and transfers
- rental bike included
- optional 30 drink vouchers
- outside cabins on the main deck, approx. 11,5 sqm/124 sq ft (aft ECO 10 sqm/108 sq ft), window can’t be opened
- outside cabins on the upper and promenade deck, approx. 16,5 sqm/178 sq ft, with balcony and bench seat
- some upper deck cabins offers a sofa bed for 3rd person (75 x 185 cm/30 x 73 inch)
- 30 drink vouchers
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed gearboxes and coaster brakes or 21-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on fridays
04.08. + 11.08. + 25.08.
All prices are per person.
|2-bed cabin ECO|
bed + sofa bed
|2-bed cabin||EUR 1289||EUR 1469|
|main deck cabin ECO|
|other main deck cabins|
|main deck cabin reduction|
3rd and 4th person
|-6 y 100% / -12 y 75 %|
from 12 y 50 %
|upper deck cabin reduction|
|-6 y 100% / -12 y 75 %|
from 12 y 50 %
|private bike||without surcharge|
|30 drink vouchers||EUR 129|
- booking code "Passau-Vienna aboard MS Primadonna":
- how you can save some money
- cancellation fee
Parking in Passau:
fenced-in outdoor area, unguarded
departure approx. 4 pm
Arrival in Passau via train:
From the railway station to the Schiffslände Passau-Lindau it is about 4 kilometres. We recommend you take a taxi.
Price per taxi approx. EUR 15
Alternatively by bus no. 3, departure at the bus station (ZOB).
Price per person approx. EUR 2,50
Arrival at Munich airport:
Distance to Passau approx. 160 km, excellent train connections, journey takes approx. 2.5 hours.
Train ticket price per person: approx. EUR 35
Rental car, one way per vehicle: EUR 200-250
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.