Venice-Mantua with the MS Ave Maria
Northern Italy with boat & bike from 1029 €
From Venice to Mantua - along the banks of the river Po and numerous canals, the fascinating Po Delta and the famous lagoon. There are countless UNESCO world cultural heritage sites: the Renaissance city of Mantua, the medieval town Ferrara and the Doge city Venice. Enjoy cycling on excellent flat paths. This tour is also suitable for inexperienced cyclists. The tour starts in Venice.
Here you can find further information on the MS Ave Maria.
Day 1 Arrival in Venice
Embarkation from 6.00 pm. In the evening, explore the city, which is a UNESCO world heritage site.
Day 2 Explore Venice
In the morning you’ll take part in a guided tour of the ‘Serenissima’, then you can explore the city or the islands of the lagoon by yourself.
Day 3 Venice - Pellestrina Island, approx. 30 km/19 mi
Between the lagoon and the Adriatic you will go past the Lido, where the film festival takes part, further to the island of Pellestrina.
Day 4 Pellestrina Island - Adria, 40 km/25 mi + boat trip
Be sure not to miss the fish market at sunrise. Then you will cycle through the nature park in the Po Delta. Constantly changing streams create a number of different eco systems with countless plant and animal species. Your destination is Adria city.
Day 5 Adria - Ferrara - Zelo, 35 km/22 mi + bus transfer
Enjoy a beautiful bike tour to Ferrara, a town dating from the 14th century, which is also a UNESCO world cultural heritage site. Afterwards you will take the bus to Zelo.
Day 6 Zelo - Mantua, 50 km/31 mi + boat trip
You’ll cycle on easy paths along the river Po and the Canal Biano to Manuta. Visit a museum and a cheese factory.
Day 7 Round trip, approx. 35 km/22 mi
The tour will take you through the surroundings of Mantua. In the afternoon there is a guided tour of Manuta’s countless Renaissance monuments.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast your Boat & bike tour in northern Italy on MS Ave Maria ends.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS Ave Maria.
Included in your package "Venice-Mantua with MS Ave Maria":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 6 x dinner, only 1x dinner in Venice))
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink
- guided city tour in Mantua
- visit of a cheese dairy, Bergantino
- visit "Museum of the Carousel + Folk Theater", Bergantino
- visit glass blowing factory, Murano
- transfers by bus Ferrarra - Zelo
- guided city tours in Mantova and Venice
- museum and cheese factory visit
- transfers by bus Ferrarra-Adria/Zelo
- guided cycle tours according to tour agenda
from 22 persons 2 tour guides
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- all harbour dutie
- rental bike and helmet
(please supply your head measurement when booking)
- outside cabins, approx. 7-8 sqm (75-86 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- upper deck cabins with openable bull eyes
- level-access beds which can be moved
- lower deck cabins for 3 guests too
- upper deck cabins for 3+4 guests too
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-speed gearboxes, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Bookable dates 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
01.04. + 15.04. + 29.04. + 13.05. + 27.05.
10.06. + 24.06. + 08.07. + 22.07.
05.08. + 19.08. + 02.09. + 16.09.
30.09. + 14.10.
All prices are per person.
|01.04. + 15.04.:|
|2-bed cabin, bunk bed||1029 €|
|2-bed cabin, ground level beds||1229 €||1429 €|
|29.04. + 08.07. - 19.08.:|
|2-bed cabin, bunk bed||1539 €|
|2-bed cabin, ground level beds||1739 €||1939 €|
|13.05. - 24.06.:|
|2-bed cabin, bunk bed||1659 €|
|2-bed cabin, ground level beds||1859 €||2059 €|
|02.09. - 14.10.:|
|2-bed cabin, bunk bed||1779 €|
|2-bed cabin, ground level beds||1979 €||2179 €|
|single cabin, bunk bed||+ 550 €|
|2-bed cabin, single occupancy||+ 960 €|
|3-bed cabin, 3rd person||- 300 €|
|private bike||not possible|
|special diet||50 €|
- Booking code "Venice-Mantua with MS Ave Maria":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
- Venice city entrance fee: approx. 18-30 €/person
Arrival to "Venice-Mantua with MS Ave Maria":
- The MS Avemaria is berthed on the island of Giudecca.
- Arrival by car:
Video-monitored car parks at Mestre train station, approx. EUR 16/day. Then take the train to Venezia Santa Lucia train station, see below for further information.
- Arrival by train:
Train station Venezia Santa Lucia, take water bus to the jetty, duration approx. 20 mins.
- Arrival by train:
Airport Venedig Marco Polo:
Water bus to the jetty, duration approx. 60 mins, approx. EUR 15, details under www.alilaguna.it
Shuttle bus to Verona main station, every 20 mins
Train to Mantua, every hour, duration approx. 45 mins, standard fare approx. EUR 10, for more information see return transfer
- Embarkation 6 pm., luggage can be left from 1 pm.
- under your own steam by train from Mantova to Venezia S. Lucia, every hour, duration approx. 2 hours, 1 x change, standard fare approx. EUR 35
trenitalia.com is a helpful on-line resource (DE/EN/FR)
As space is limited, it will not be possible for you to bring your own bike on this tour.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.