Venice-Mantua with the MS Ave Maria
Northern Italy with boat & bike from EUR 860
From Venice to Mantua - along the banks of the river Po and numerous canals, the fascinating Po Delta and the famous lagoon. There are countless UNESCO world cultural heritage sites: the Renaissance city of Mantua, the medieval town Ferrara and the Doge city Venice. Enjoy cycling on excellent flat paths. This tour from Mantua to Venice is also suitable for inexperienced cyclists. The tour starts in Venice.
Here you can find further information on the MS Ave Maria.
Day 1 Arrival in Venice
Embarkation from 4 p.m. In the evening, explore the city, which is a UNESCO world heritage site.
Day 2 Explore Venice
In the morning you’ll take part in a guided tour of the ‘Serenissima’, then you can explore the city or the islands of the lagoon by yourself.
Day 3 Venice - Pellestrina Island, approx. 30 km/19 mi
Between the lagoon and the Adriatic you will go past the Lido, where the film festival takes part, further to the island of Pellestrina.
Day 4 Pellestrina Island - Adria, approx. 40 km/25 mi, boat trip
Be sure not to miss the fish market at sunrise. Then you will cycle through the nature park in the Po Delta. Constantly changing streams create a number of different eco systems with countless plant and animal species. Your destination is Adria city.
Day 5 Adria - Ferrara - Zelo, approx. 35 km/22 mi, bus transfer
Enjoy a beautiful bike tour to Ferrara, a town dating from the 14th century, which is also a UNESCO world cultural heritage site. Afterwards you will take the bus to Zelo.
Day 6 Zelo - Mantua, approx. 50 km/31 mi, boat trip
You’ll cycle on easy paths along the river Po and the Canal Biano to Manuta. Visit a museum and a cheese factory.
Day 7 Round trip, approx. 40 km/25 mi
The tour will take you through the surroundings of Mantua. In the afternoon there is a guided tour of Manuta’s countless Renaissance monuments.
Day 8 Departure
After breakfast your Boat & bike tour in northern Italy on MS Ave Maria ends.
Here are the details on MS Ave Maria.
Included in your package "Venice-Mantua with MS Ave Maria":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- afternoon coffee and cake served daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- guided city tours in Mantova and Venice
- museum and cheese factory visit
- transfers by bus Ferrarra-Adria/Zelo
- guided cycle tours according to tour agenda
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- all harbour dutie
- optional rental bike with helmet
- outside cabins, approx. 7-8 sqm (75-86 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- upper deck cabins with openable bull eyes
- level-access beds which can be moved
- lower deck cabins for 3 guests too
- upper deck cabins for 3+4 guests too
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-speed gearboxes, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on saturdays
02.04. + 16.04. + 30.04. + 14.05. + 28.05.
11.06. + 25.06. + 09.07. + 23.07.
06.08. + 20.08. + 03.09. + 17.09.
01.10. + 15.10.
All prices are per person.
860 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, bunk bed
1060 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, ground level beds
1200 EUR 2-bed cabin, upper deck
1360 EUR cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 16.04. + 30.04. + 09.07.-20.08.:
1340 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, bunk bed
1540 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, ground level beds
1680 EUR 2-bed cabin, upper deck
1840 EUR cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 14.05. - 25.06.:
1440 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, bunk bed
1640 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, ground level beds
1780 EUR 2-bed cabin, upper deck
1940 EUR cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 03.09. - 15.10.:
1550 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, bunk bed
1750 EUR 2-bed cabin, lower deck, ground level beds
1890 EUR 2-bed cabin, upper deck
2050 EUR cabin lower deck, single occupancy
- 85 EUR rental bike
- 220 EUR e-bike
- 50 EUR special diet
- Booking code "Venice-Mantua with MS Ave Maria":
- how you can save some money
Arrival to "Venice-Mantua with MS Ave Maria":
- The MS Avemaria is berthed on the island of Giudecca.
- Arrival by car:
Video-monitored car parks at Mestre train station, approx. EUR 16/day. Then take the train to Venezia Santa Lucia train station, see below for further information.
- Arrival by train:
Train station Venezia Santa Lucia, take water bus to the jetty, duration approx. 20 mins.
- Arrival by train:
Airport Venedig Marco Polo:
Water bus to the jetty, duration approx. 60 mins, approx. EUR 15, details under www.alilaguna.it
Shuttle bus to Verona main station, every 20 mins
Train to Mantua, every hour, duration approx. 45 mins, standard fare approx. EUR 5, for more information see return transfer
- Embarkation from 4 p.m., luggage can be left from 1 p.m.
- Return transfer Mantova - Venezia S. Lucia
under your own steam by train, every hour, duration approx. 2 hours, 1 x change, standard fare approx. EUR 25
trenitalia.com is a helpful on-line resource (DE/EN/FR)
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.