Bicycle Tour in Croatia
Island hopping with MS Kalipsa from EUR 599
Bright sunshine, deep-blue water and excellent food - that is what you can expect at Croatia's Mediterranean coast. There are countless enchanting and well-known islands in the Kvarner Gulf between Istria and Dalmatia, all of which have their own unique charm: Rab, Krk, Pag, Cres and many others. On this bicycle tour in Croatia you will cycle from island to island - bringing you close to the locals and the beautiful countryside. Due to the local terrain, the stages are not always flat. However, as the individual stages are quite short, cyclists at any level can enjoy the tour. There is also the option to stay on board of the motor sailing boat MS Kalipsa.
Day 1 Arrival Opatija, boat crossing to Krk, cycle tour approx. 18 km/11 mi
The perfect day to get into the swing of things: A two hour boat crossing from 1 pm and time for a short trip around the island capital.
Day 2 Cycle tour on Krk, approx. 48 km/30 mi
Today you will explore the Macchia, Chestnut forests and vineyards, as well as the beautiful small town Vrbnik.
Day 3 Cycle tour on Rab, 22-43 km/14-27 mi
The first tour will take you to a magnificent sandy beach. Afterwards you can either go on another cycle tour, or explore Rab’s historic town centre.
Day 4 Cycle tour on Pag, approx. 35 km/21 mi
Countless stonewalls and ancient olive trees characterise the landscape. The tour can be shortened by crossing to Ilovik by boat.
Day 5 Cycle tour on Lošinj, 20-42 km/12-26 mi
Boat crossing to Lošinj, then cycle tour along beautiful bays, perfect for a refreshing swim. Veli and Mali Losinj are particularly worth seeing.
Day 6 Cycle tour on Lošinj, approx. 46 km/28 mi
The north of the island is hilly with pine trees and laurels. The tour can be shortened by crossing to the town of Cres on the Kalipsa.
Day 7 Cycle tour on the mainland, approx. 27 km/17 mi
Crossing to the mainland and round trip from Mošćenička Draga, which can be shortened if you wish. You will have enough time to explore the lively coastal town Opatija.
Day 8 Disembarking and departure
Unfortunately after breakfast your bicycle tour in Croatia will already come to an end.
Here are the details on MS Kalipsa.
Included in your package "Bicycle tour in Croatia":
- 7 nights aboard
- 7 x half board
- unlimited water from water dispenser
- 2 towels per person (bath towels not included)
- guided cycle tours, english-speaking
- detailed travel documents in english
- guarded car park in Opatija
- optional rental bike and helmet
- outside cabins, with ensuite WC and shower
9 double cabins on main-/upper deck, bunk beds
2 3-bed cabins on main-/upper deck, double bed and bunk bed above
- cabin assignment to take place upon arrival
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-speed gearboxes. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on saturdays
30.04. + 07.05. + 21.05.
All prices are per person.
- 599 EUR price 24.09.
- 679 EUR price 30.04. + 07.05. + 14.05. + 21.05.
- 759 EUR price 28.05. + 04.06. + 17.09.
- 809 EUR price 27.08. + 03.09. + 10.09.
- 50 % surcharge for single use of a cabin
- 30 % discount for third person in cabin
- 105 EUR rental bike, helmet included
- 170 EUR e-bike, helmet included
Additional costs, payable on-site:
- Taxes, harbour and service fees, EUR 60/person
- Admission to various attractions, for example national parks, approx. 15 EUR per person
Arrival "Bicycle Tour in Croatia":
Parking in Opatija:
Arrival at harbour until approx. 11 am, admission to guarded car park, embarkation until approx. 12 am (noon). Followed by lunch on board, then boat crossing to Krk.
Arrival by train:
From Munich approx. 8 hours; Opatija Matulji train station, approx. 1,5 km to the harbour
Arrival by plane:
Rijeka Airport, from there take the bus to Rijeka bus terminal, by bus to Opatija bus teminal; duration approx. 1,5 hours
www.buscroatia.com is a helpful on-line resource
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.