Cycling holidays at the Kvarner Gulf
Island hopping with the MS Aria from EUR 729
Bright sunshine, deep-blue water and excellent food - that is what you can expect at Croatia's Mediterranean coast. There are countless enchanting and well-known islands in the Kvarner Gulf between Istria and Dalmatia, all of which have their own unique charm: Rab, Krk, Pag, Cres and many others. On this cycling holidays at the Kvarner Gulf you will cycle from island to island - bringing you close to the locals and the beautiful countryside. Due to the local terrain, the stages are not always flat. However, as the individual stages are quite short, cyclists at any level can enjoy the tour. There is also the option to stay on board of the comfortable motor sailing boat MS Aria.
Day 1 Arrival Rijeka, boat crossing to Krk, cycle tour approx. 37 km/23 mi
Embarkation untill 1 pm, then boat crossing to Malinska and cycle tour to the island capital.
Day 2 Cycle tour to Krk, approx. 33 km/20 mi
Today you will explore the Macchia, Chestnut forests and vineyards, as well as the beautiful small town Vrbnik.
Day 3 Boat crossing Rab and cycle tour, 19-22 km/12-14 mi
In Lopar you will start your cycle tour across the Island of Rab to the eponymous island capital. Forests and sparse karst topography characterise the landscape.
Day 4 Boat crossing to Pag and cycle tour, 34 km/21 mi
Your cycle tour will lead through olive groves and sheep meadows. Overnight stay in Mandre.
Day 5 Boat crossing to Lošinj and cycle tour, 18 km/11 mi
Boat crossing to Lošinj, then cycle tour along beautiful bays, perfect for a refreshing swim. Veli and Mali Losinj are particularly worth seeing.
Day 6 Cycle tour to Cres, approx. 45 km/28 mi
You will reach the island of Cres across the lift bridge and then cycle further to Martinisca bay, which is ideal for a refreshing swim. The Planka will then take you to the town of Cres.
Day 7 Cycle tour on Cres, boat crossing Rijeka, 29 km/19 mi
Round trip to Predoscia, which stunning panoramic views, beautiful bathing spots and then boat crossing to Rijeka.
Day 8 Disembarking and departure
Unfortunately after breakfast your cycling holidays at the Kvarner Gulf will already come to an end.
Here are the details on MS Aria.
Included in "Cycling holidays at the Kvarner Gulf":
- 7 nights aboard
- 7 x half board
- 2 towels per person (bath towels not included)
- welcome snack
- Captain’s Dinner
- guided cycle tours, english-speaking
- guided tour in Rab
- detailed travel documents in english
- maps on board
- optional rental bike and helmet
(please supply your head measurement when booking)
- outside cabins, with ensuite WC and shower
4 double cabins upper deck
6 double cabins main deck
6 double cabins lower deck
2 triple cabins lower deck
- cabin assignment to take place upon arrival
- We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 21-speed gearboxes. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2022:
- Arrival on saturdays
23.04. + 21.05. + 25.06.
20.08. + 03.09. + 17.09. + 01.10. + 08.10. + 15.10.
- Minimum number of participants: 20. This tour can be cancelled by the provider up to 30 days prior to its commencement. If this is the case, we will strive to supply our customers with an equivalent offer.
All prices are per person.
- 729 EUR lower deck 23.04. + 08.10. + 15.10.
- 849 EUR lower deck 09.04. + 16.04. + 21.05. + 01.10.
- 959 EUR lower deck 04.06.
- 1039 EUR lower deck 11.06. + 25.06. + 17.09.
- 1089 EUR lower deck 20.08. + 03.09.
- 909 EUR main/up deck 23.04. + 08.10. + 15.10.
- 1029 EUR main/upper deck 09.04. + 16.04. + 21.05. + 01.10.
- 1139 EUR main/upper deck 04.06.
- 1219 EUR main/upper deck 11.06. + 25.06. + 17.09.
- 1269 EUR main/upper deck 20.08. + 03.09.
- 50 % surcharge for single use of a cabin
1 cabin lower deck for single occupancy per date without surcharge
- 3-bed cabin lowerdeck, child until 13,9 years:
2 adults, 1 kid: child reduction 50 %
1 adult, 2 kids: child reduction 30 %
- reduction, child until 13,9 years:
1 adult, 1 kid: child reduction 30 %
2 adults, 2 kids: child reduction 30 %
- 70 EUR rental bike
- 170 EUR e-bike
- 50 EUR parking spot in Rijeka
payable onsite in Kuna
- booking code "Cycling holidays at the Kvarner Gulf":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
- taxes and harbour fees, 28 EUR/person
- taxes and harbour fees, 14 EUR/child (until the age of 12)
Arrival "Cycling holidays at the Kvarner Gulf":
Parking in Rijeka:
Arrival at harbour from 9 am, admission to enclosed car park, embarkation until 12 pm at the latest. Followed by a welcome drink and snack on board, then boat crossing to Krk.
Arrival by train:
From Munich approx. 8 hours; Rijeka train station, approx. 1,5 km to the harbour
Arrival by plane:
Rijeka Airport, from there take the bus to Rijeka bus terminal; duration approx. 0,5 hours
www.buscroatia.com is a helpful on-line resource
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.