Cycling and sailing vacation in Holland
8 days / 7 nights on the IJsselmeer from 869 €
The IJsselmeer, the former Zuiderzee, is a popular sailing spot and water sports area. The West Frisian Islands are located ahead of the Afsluitsdijk. On this journey "Cycling and sailing vacation in Holland", you will get to experience an amazing maritime landscape and visit several North Sea Islands on the Leafde fan Fryslân, a two-masted schooner. Feel free to help the ship’s crew out - it is however not required, as is any kind of previous experience on sailing boats. Wind, weather and currents may affect the itinerary, which can therefore change at short notice.
Here you can find more information on the sailing ship Leafde fan Fryslân.
Day 1 Arrival in Enkhuizen
Embarkation from 2 pm, followed by an induction into the ships’ specifics and your itinerary in the evening.
Day 2 Enkhuizen - Medemblik, 24-37 km/15-23 mi, boat trip
Alongside the shoes of the IJsselmeer you will cycle to the perimeter of the mighty Afsluitsdijk. Depending on the weather, this will be followed by a sailing tour to Texel.
Day 3 Texel Island round trip, up to 43-49 km / 27-31 mi
This largest of the West Frisian Islands is very rich in variety and there are several cycling tours to choose from. The seal sanctuary is particularly worth a visit.
Day 4 Sailing tour to Terschelling Island
The cruise to the island will take you between 5 and 6 hours. The island only came into being in the early middle ages - 5 of its villages are situated on sand dunes.
Day 5 Terschelling Island round trip, up to 70 km / 43 mi
Sandy beaches and dunes, heaths, fertile fields and meadows and old mixed woodland - only some of the great things to see on this Island. West-Terschelling is its largest conurbation.
Day 6 Boat trip, Harlingen - Makkum, 48-58 km/30-36 mi
Sailing over the IJsselmeer, you'll arrive at Harlingen with the monument of Wyfke fan Starum. Different cycle pathes to Makkum.
Day 7 Makkum - Enkhuizen, 32-49 km/20-30 mi, boat trip
Today you'll first cycle to Stavoren, then the route will take you straight across the IJsselmeer.
Day 8 Disembarkation and departure
After breakfast, your tour "Cycling and sailing vacation in Holland" will conclude.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on Leafde fan Fryslân.
Included in "Cycling and sailing vacation in Holland":
- 7 nights aboard in your chosen category
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 packed lunches, 7 x dinner)
- complimentary coffee/tea in the afternoon (until 4 pm)
- cabins are cleaned regularly
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- english speaking on-board tour guide
- daily cycling stage briefings
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- optional rental bike
- optional rental helmet
- 10 outside cabins, approx. 10 sqm/108 sq ft, with ensuite WC and shower
- 1 x smaller outside cabin, approx. 9 sqm/97 sq ft, with ensuite WC and shower
- 1 x junior suite, approx. 12 sqm/129 sq ft, with ensuite WC and shower
- 1 x single cabin, approx. 7 sqm/75 sq ft, with ensuite WC and shower
- all cabins feature level-access beds (plus an additional folding bed for another occupant)
- all cabins offer openable portholes
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 7-speed freewheel, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on sundays
02.07. + 09.07. + 30.07.
13.08. + 20.08.
03.09. + 10.09. + 17.09.
24.09. + 01.10.
All prices are per person.
- 869 € 2-bed cabin small
- 1069 € 2-bed cabin
- 1269 € junior suite
- 1369 € single cabin
- 1569 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy
- 969 € 3-bed cabin
07.05. + 10.09. + 17.09.:
- 939 € 2-bed cabin small
- 1139 € 2-bed cabin cabin
- 1339 € junior suite
- 1439 € single cabin
- 1674 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy
- 1039 € 3-bed cabin
- 1029 € 2-bed cabin small
- 1229 € 2-bed cabin cabin
- 1429 € junior suite
- 1529 € single cabin
- 1809 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy
- 1129 € 3-bed cabin
- 90 € rental bike
- 195 € e-bike
- 10 € helmet
- 10 € private bike
- 25 € private e-bike
- booking code "Cycling and sailing vacation in Holland":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival to "Cycling and sailing vacation in Holland":
Parking in Enkhuizen:
Free parking at Enkhuizen railway station, situated right next to the harbour. Reservations not possible.
Arrival by train:
Enkhuizen train station
Arrival by plane:
Schiphol Airport, take the train to Enkhuizen, duration approx. 70 min, 1 x changes, standard fare approx. EUR 15.
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- Wind, weather and currents may affect the itinerary, which can therefore change at short notice.