Cycling tour along Moselle on MS Flora
Wine region between Coblenz and Merzig from 1229 €
On and alongside the river Moselle by boat and bike - that’s a somewhat different way to experience this holiday region beloved for generations. Ancient Roman history, medieval townscapes and the omnipresent viticulture on this regions’ typical steep slopes shape the foundation of this tourist destination, which seems to be constantly reinventing itself. Generous hospitality and Moselle-Franconian cheerfulness await you between Trier and Coblenz; you may also fancy a brief detour up the river Saar. This cycling tour on and alongside the Moselle is perfectly suitable for untrained cyclists. Your starting point is Coblenz.
Here you can find further information on the MS Flora.
Day 1 Arrival in Coblenz
The historic centre around the “Deutsches Eck” (German corner) area is well worth a visit, as well as the cable car up to the Ehrenbreitstein. Embarkation from 2 pm.
Day 2 Alken - Cochem, approx. 37 km/23 mi + boat trip
The “Terrace Moselle” offers the right kind of ambiance in Hasenport and Treis-Karden, which is supplemented by romantic flair of timber-framed houses and the Reichsburg castle in Cochem.
Day 3 Cochem - Zell, approx. 37 km/23 mi
Famous vineyard sites are situated on several of the Moselle’s sinuosities, along which the small town of Beilstein charmingly presents itself.
Day 4 Zell - Bernastel-Kues, approx. 45 km/28 mi
In the mid-Moselle region you will come past the art-nouveau town of Traben-Trarbach. In the evening you will enjoy a wine tasting session in the medieval town of Bernkastel.
Day 5 Bernkastel-Kues - Schweich, 27-54 km/17-34 mi
The famous wine towns on today’s itinerary are Piesport and Neumagen. Roman history comes alive in the form of the wine press and the wine ship replica.
Day 6 Trier - Saarburg, 38 km/24 mi
Different paths can lead you to the beautiful town of Saarburg and on the way you'll stop in Luxembourg.
Day 7 Saarburg - Merzig, approx. 37 km/24 mi
Today you'll cycle along the Saar loop, which is best observed from the platform im Cloef. Also you could stop by the famous ceramics factory in Mettlach!.
Day 8 Disembarkation and depature
After breaksfast, your cycling tour along Moselle on MS Flora concludes. Disembarkation until 9.30 am.
Prices & Dates
Here are the details on MS Flora.
Included in "Cycling tour along Moselle on MS Flora":
- 7 nights aboard
- full board (7 x breakfast, 6 x packed lunches, 6 x dinner, no dinner in Saarburg)
- complimentary coffee/tea
- cabins are cleaned daily
- bed linen and towels supplied
- welcome drink and chat where we will provide you with all the relevant information
- tickets for ferries
- some city walks
- bike tours with english speaking tour guide
- bike tours are introduced and discussed daily
- detailed travel documents in english
- GPS tracks
- passenger-, harbour- and lock dutie
- optional rental bike
- outside cabins, approx. 8 sqm (85 sq ft), with ensuite WC and shower
- level-access single beds
- all cabins with openable portholes
We offer comfortable unisex-bikes with 24-gears and freewheel systems, equipped with a bike bag and a bike lock. We also offer e-bikes if desired.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrival on saturdays
26.08. + 09.09. + 23.09. + 07.10.
All prices are per person.
- 1229 € 2-bed cabin, 07.10.
- 1329 € 2-bed cabin, further dates
- 1809 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy, 07.10.
- 1959 € 2-bed cabin, single occupancy, further dates
- 1129 € triple (3rd person: child only), 07.10.
- 1229 € triple (3rd person: child only), further dates
- 90 € rental bike
- 195 € e-bike
- 10 € rental helmet
- 10 € private bike
- 25 € private e-bike
- booking code "Cycling tour along Moselle on MS Flora":
- how you can save some money
- costs of cancellation
Arrival "Cycling tour along Moselle on MS Flora":
Arrival by car:
- public carpark close to the Schiffslände, price: approx. 125 € / week
- free parking on park & ride carparks outside the city centre, take the bus to the boat
- Arrival by train:
- Arrival by plane:
Frankfurt Airport, by train to Koblenz Hbf, duration approx. 1,5 h, 0-1 x changes, standard fare approx. 30 €.
under your own steam by train, duration approx. 2 hours, no train changes, normal fare 35 €
In principle, you can bring your own bike along. However, please note that your bike will be loaded on and off the boat twice a day along with several others and therefore slight cosmetic damage to individual bikes cannot be ruled out, which is why we do not take responsibility or liability for such damage. We recommend reserving one the excellent rental bikes we offer.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8 pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.
- As is the case with all boat trips, changes in travel itineraries due to the weather, the rivers’ water levels or technical issues can be undertaken at any time.